15 May 2012

D-Blog Week: One Great Thing - Tuesday 5/15

Today I'm supposed to talk about one d-related thing I do well.

This is hard, especially since I'm still recovering from d-burnout, years later. It's easy to think I'm still doing a terrible job, even though I've lately been discovering that (surprise!) it's not all my fault. I mean, the lack of testing and bolusing during burnout was totally my fault, and re-establishing those habits isn't easy.

But even though I went for spells of never testing, of bolusing once every so many meals, of doing almost everything d-related wrong...I always managed to change out and wear my pump.

Ever since I had it, I've always kept it with me, connected, letting my basal flow. I've always changed out, and only on a few occasions have I not had insulin in the cartridge (the number of instances would be three...maybe four in ten years).

Honestly, it feels so weird congratulating myself. I'm much better at self deprecation.

7 comments:

  1. Your post made me chuckle. You're right, it does feel weird. We should do it more often! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way writing my post, but sometimes, it's the little things. Good work on changing your pump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through a burnout period and being always connected, letting basal flow etc is something to be congratulated for.

    Burnouts are very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. For Diabetes Blog Week we have been trying to get in touch with sites focusing on Diabetes health to see if they would be interested in our organization contributing an article about Diabetes medication safety.

    I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, def congratulate yourself more often you definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...I'm looking at tomorrow's prompt and going, "everything that wasn't on today's list. Wait, I can only pick one?!"

    As far as my e-mail, I'm not super comfortable giving it out (I already get enough spam), but I'm not currently accepting guest posts. Thank you for your offer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally with you in the self deprecation department. Still, it's important to avoid future burnout that we take a few minutes now and then to pat ourselves on the back. After all this disease is not little thing to live with 24/7.

    ReplyDelete