21 May 2012

D-Blog Week: Diabetes Hero - Sunday 5/20

So, I ran out of steam and I'm finally getting around to finishing dblog week. But it's okay, because my d-hero was with me to help me crawl out of my antisocial hole (AKA a-hole) and stop freaking out.

In fact, this hero is my best friend, and has helped me through so much over the years. This person has been one of my main motivators in getting my health under control. When I start crying in my sleep, this person comforts me. When I'm being cranky with a high bg, this person tolerates my less than stellar behavior. When I'm having a low, this person will fetch me juice or some other substance to help bring me up. When my heart is freaking out, this person pulls me close, letting me know it's going to be okay.

He can make me laugh and smile, even when I don't think it's possible. We laugh together. We learn together. And we're on this journey of life together.

My hero (diabetes, health, and all) is my husband. Thank you for sticking with me, for being with me, for helping me, for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment