14 May 2013

Diabetes Blog Week 2013 Day 2: We, The Undersigned

This is the day 2 post for Diabetes Blog week from me! You can get more information here.

Recently various petitions have been circulating the Diabetes Online Community, so today let’s pretend to write our own. Tell us who you would write the petition to – a person, an organization, even an object (animate or inanimate) - get creative!! What are you trying to change and what have you experienced that makes you want this change?

Honestly, I liked the petition to standardize TSA screenings for people with diabetes. It's a pain to fly, being a cyborg. And I hate getting pat downs. And I hate getting the lecture every single time that it doesn't harm the equipment and that I'm just being whiny for requesting a patdown that shakes me up inside, no matter how many times I've gone through it.

So, as uncreative as this is, I'm going to go with yelling at the TSA to get their act together and standardize their screening process. And do it soon, please. I'd like to have this all figured out before I leave for FFL.

10 comments:

  1. I'm Aussie, we don't have a "TSA" but I've heard you Yanks all complain about them, and heard terrible stories, so I agree! :) It's a wonder it's not a part of training already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!!! Imagine it was your 12 year old daughter getting a pat down instead of you and you could go near her while they were doing it. That is one of the MANY reasons I left the US and now live in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had similar issues in the UK (less to do with the X-rays but I've actually been told off for not declaring my pump), I would totally sign this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy… I can hardly wait to get through security with my daughter in June. You've gotten me all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I hadn't thought of that one but I can get on board with it... I have a 7-year-old with T1D and I would totally love for this to be straightened out before FFL! I would really like for her not to feel singled out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so in support of that TSA petition, and yes... now I'm all about thinking about how the upcoming travel will be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There was a petition going around but it expired because it didnt get the support that it needed. I think if the DOC knew if was out there it would have worked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a little more yelling at TSA is probably much needed. At least at certain airports or certain agents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I signed the petition to TSA! So sad that it didn't get the support it needed. I saw there are over 160 people signed up for this Blog week and if we could each get 4 or 5 people to also sign it, we would have the needed signatures! Although I don't technically know how many we need-maybe we need to get 10 people or more to sign but still worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed it too. It reached a little over a thousand signatures. The White House needs 100,000 signatures at least in order to get an official response. I think the Death Star petition changed that one.

      Delete