17 May 2013

Diabetes Blog Week 2013 Day 5

This is the day 5 post for Diabetes Blog week from me! You can get more information here.

I am rather...infuriated by Friday's prompt, pretty much demanding participation in the Oppression Olympics (TM), but my frustration and curse-laden post explain why that is such a problematic and terrible prompt will have to wait for more spoons.

In any case, that means I'm going for a wildcard.

What is the ideal diabetes service animal? Think beyond the obvious and be creative in explaining why your choice is a good one. For example, maybe a seal would make a good service animal - it flaps its flippers and barks every time you get a good blood sugar reading!

A unicorn.

Because who could deny Agnes



Video description: Unicorn carnival game scene from Despicable Me. Contains flashy stuff.

And unicorns fart magic and poop rainbows (speaking of which, did you know "unicorn poop" is the first suggestion for typing in "unicorn" in google images?), which are in desperate need when I'm having a cranky high or trying to crawl to the fridge when low. In fact, my unicorn could carry me to the fridge. And maybe that magic could help with those bad blood sugars.

And unicorns just go so well with cupcakes.

And My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...who could deny the awesomeness of unicorns?! And my unicorn might secretly be a princess and turn into an alicorn and then we could fly to my endo appointments.

And it could stab people who make ignorant diabetes comments...or make their mouths magically disappear...I'm starting to think this would be my favorite perk.

2 comments:

  1. The hardest part of coordinating Diabetes Blog Week is coming up with the prompts. I understand it is impossible for each prompt to appeal to everyone, which is why I also provide the Wildcard prompts. But I never meant of offend or infuriate, and I certainly never demand anyone's participation in anything. I apologize if you found the Friday prompt offensive, I hope you understand this was never ever my intention and I hope that you don't feel the need to curse me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that you never intended harm and that coordinating such an ordeal is a huge task. I do not intent to curse anyone out, but rather to express frustration with an idea.

      Delete